- HOTEL BOOKING
|About Ghangad Fort:
Ghangad fort is located in Lonavala region, on the western side of the Mulshi river which is in Pune District. This region is also called the Korbarase Maval. Actually Ghangad fort is very small. Ghangad fort is surrounded by other forts like Korigad, Tailbaila and Sudhagad and yet it is quite lonely and separate from the others. There are two huge rocks caves at the entrance of the Ghangad fort. Ghangad fort has been renovated and still work is going on. Due to renovation the Ghangad forts now look good. The known information and history about Ghangad fort is very less. There is not much of documentation regarding Ghangad fort. Ekole village which is at the base of the Ghangad fort. The height of Ghangad fort is 2500 feet. The history says Ghangad fort is actually used as prison by Peshwa. Ghangad fort was originally occupied by Koli Samant and then was later annexed by Adil Shah and then later on with the Marathas.
Come to S P College, Tilak Road. Give attendance to Team Explorers.
Depart for Ghangad. Toilets are not available throughout the Trek & at Base Village.
Tea & Breakfast at Lonavala.
Reach Ekole Village.
After Briefing Start trek towards Ghangad.
Reach top of Ghangad. Explore the Ghangad fort.
Reach Base Village & move to Tailbaila Village for Lunch.
Lunch at Tailbaila Village.
Those who are interested can go for 30 minutes trek towards Tailbaila Wall.
Start return journey towards Pune. Evening Tea on the way.
Reach at SP Collage, Pune.(We may come to Pune ONE Hour Before OR After the given time)
* This is just a reminder list of what to Bring. You can bring other things as per the Need.
Some useful tips for Happy Trekking
Follow the Rule – “Leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time, and shoot nothing but photographs and bring back nothing but memories”
1. Land Transport: Explorers generally arranges Non-AC Buses, Mini Buses, jeeps or taxies of various seating capacity depending upon the type of the tour, itinerary and number of participants. Seat numbers are not allotted unless & until mentioned specifically. Seat Nos. 1,2,3,4 (front 4 seats) in each bus/ coach are reserved for Tour Escort / Guide etc. As Explorers we are totally depend on third party Transport service providers, we are not taking any responsibility for the Breakdown of Vehicle, accident, Driver Service, etc. If any Natural Calamity or Technical problem results into late or Trek / Tour get cancelled then Explorers or the leaders of Explorers are not responsible for same & in that case No refund is admissible.
2. Railway Reservations: It is not possible for Explorers to ensure that the Participants will get Railway Reservations together or in the same compartment because of random seat allotment by Railway Computerized System. We are not giving assurance of confirm Railway reservations in any manner.
3. Stay Arrangement: Most of our One day Treks / Tours includes overnight journey. If we reach early to the decided destination, we are not providing the accommodation facility of any kind. Participants can bring their bedding (if mentioned specifically) & can rest in Temple, School Passages or Local homes, if available. If Explorers organises a Trek / Tour / Camping of more than One day (more than 25 hours) then we will provide the accommodation in Tents, Local Homes, Caves, Lodges, etc as per the Itinerary. When we are going for remote / Village area then Toilets Facility & Bath Facility is not available.
4. Food & Water: We are not providing Non Veg. Food, Mineral / Filtered Drinking Water facility during Trek / Tour, unless mentioned specifically in “Include” Column. For most of Trek / Tours we provide Local available Veg. food in village / Packed Food (which we carry it from Pune). We are not responsible for the Quality & Taste of the Food.
5. Cancellation Policy: No Refund for any type of One Day Trek / Tour. for more details please visit http://explorersgroup.in/web/more/cancellation-policy/
6. Behaviour: Explorers reserves the right to remove / take action against the participant for any kind of Misbehaviour during Treks / Tours.
7. Instructions & Decisions: During the Camp all the participants should obey all the Instructions and Decisions taken by the authorised representative of Explorers or Camp Leader. During any type of event, in case of any dispute for whatsoever reasons, the decision of the Camp Leader or authorized representative of Explorers shall be final and binding on all the participants. The Participants shall be solely liable for the Risks, Responsibilities and Consequences.
8. Medical Treatment: In case of any medical ailments, a disorder etc. which the participants are suffering or have suffered from, it is his/her responsibility to inform the organisers in advance, before commencement of the camp or trek. If required, the participant(s) will have to take medical treatment from the doctor / attendant available on the campsite OR from the nearest available medical centre or hospital which involves Doctor or Hospitalisation then 100% expenses for the same will be borne by the concerned Person. The Camp Leader or the authorised representative shall have complete discretion to continue the Trek / Tour Camp without the participant(s) suffering from medical problem.
9. Photographs or Video Clips: Explorers reserves the right to use Photographs / Video Clips of the tourist taken on tour and / or given by tourist, for promotion of the Company’s Business without obtaining prior permission of the concerned tourist.
10. Reimbursement: Damages if any, to the Vehicle, furniture, property of Hotel, Tent, Canteen, Sleeping Bags, Carry mats, Trekking gears like Harness, Mittens, Carabineers, etc will be recovered from the concerned Participant as per the current Market Price.
11. Addictions: Consumption of Liquor, Tobacco products, Cigarette etc. is strictly prohibited during any type of Events. The trek / event will be considered over only when we are back to our decided arrival place.
12. Respect Nature: Participants should not Litter, Deface or Damage any monument by writing or scribbling on them. Any breach of the above two rules will be taken seriously, and will be removed from the Trek or Camp, and No refund is admissible in such cases.
13. Dress Code: Half Pants strictly not allowed in Explorers while Trekking. ¾ OR Flexible Track pant would be better for Trekking. Avoid Jean Pant for inconvenience in Walking / Climbing.
14. Loss or Damage of valuables: In case of any Injury, Sickness, Accident, Death or Any other casualty or Loss or Damage of valuables or luggage or any equipment; Explorers, it’s instructors, organisers, volunteers or any other person involved wholly or partially, either individually or jointly, shall not be responsible in any manner for the same and no claims of the participants, parents, guardians, relatives or friends of participants will be entertained.
15. Sole Responsibility: If the participants have enrolled for the activities like wildlife camping, Trekking OR any type of adventure sports activity, then all the Risks and Responsibilities related to and arising from such activities shall be solely upon such participants and Explorers or leaders of explorers shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever.
16. Insurance: Neither participants nor any event shall be insured by Explorers, unless mentioned specifically.
17. Jurisdiction: Please Note that any Claims, disputes, court case, etc. shall be subject to Pune Jurisdiction only. All or any information given in these Terms and Conditions is based on the information available at the time of publication. Explorers reserve the right to change any information before or after booking the Trek / tour due to circumstances / events beyond our control. In case of knowledge of any change, in advance, we or any of our representatives shall accordingly notify the participants of any such changes. Explorers would be happy to meet the Participants for any improvement points. Explorers consider all its participants as family members and are sure and have confidence that participants shall approach the management for any suggestions / Improvements.