- HOTEL BOOKING
Leh is the joint capital and largest town of Ladakh, a union territory in India Leh, located in the Leh district, was also the historical capital of the Himalayan kingdom of Ladakh. Ladakh is one place in India which remains on almost every travellers’ bucket list and is a dream destination which will remain etched in his mind even years after the trip is over! A land like no other with a superabundance of attractions to visit and fabulous landscapes, amazing people and culture, Ladakh is truly a heaven on Earth. Book your Dream destination with your own travel partner…Explorers!!!!!!!
ARRIVAL IN LEH & TRANSFER TO HOTEL
Arrival at Leh Airport and transfer to hotel. Take a complete rest for acclimatization to the high altitude of Leh (3500 mtrs).
(_ _ D) OVERNIGHT AT LEH.
LEH LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast Start your sightseeing with Leh Palace (also known as Lhachen Palkhar) a former royal palace of Leh Kingdom, Magnetic Hill defying the law of gravity, Hall Of Fame (Museum Constructed by Indian Army) near Leh is worth a visit for every Indian, and proceed further to Gurudwara Patthar Sahib at an altitude of 3600 Mtrs was constructed in memory of Guru Nanak Dev ji. As you move ahead, just before Nimmu Village, there comes a famous Confluence Of Two Rivers Indus River coming from Tibet (left) and Zanskar River coming from Zanskar Valley (right). After visiting confluence drive back to Leh. (B _ D) OVERNIGHT AT LEH.
(B _ D) OVERNIGHT AT LEH.
LEH TO NUBRA VALLEY VIA KHARDUNG LA 18,390 FT. (120 kms / 5 hrs)
After Early Breakfast proceed to Nubra Valley via Khardungla pass, the World Highest Motorable road (5602 Mts) around 40 kms from Leh. In journey One can see the endless peaks & ridges of Zanskar range. Arrive Nubra and proceed for a visit to the White Sand Dunes at Hunder. You can enjoy the camel ride (At your Own). Later if time permits visit Hunder and Diskit monasteries and check in at Deluxe Camp. Diskit has a small market and about 500 years old Gompa on the hilltop. Hunder is a beautiful village to stay with lot of trees & has a small monastery and ruined fort above the village.
OVERNIGHT AT CAMP. (B _ D)
ARRIVAL IN LEH & TRANSFER TO HOTEL
After an early breakfast, proceed to Turtuk which was won by India in the 1971 war with Pakistan and extremely close to the border. You can go for a walk around the village. You can also get a chance to Admire the magnificent view of the famous K2 peak (Second highest peak in the world)
OVERNIGHT AT CAMP. (B _ D)
NUBRA VALLEY TO PANGONG LAKE (150 kms / 5 hrs)
After an early breakfast check out from Camp & Visit Diskit monastery. Diskit is the headquarter town of Nubra Valley. Later we drive towards Pangong Tso via Shyok Valley. Get an amezing view of the Pangong lake situated at 14,000 ft (4,267 m). Enjoy the turquoise color panoramic lake and the magnificent mountains and landscapes which will leave you awestruck. On arrival check in.
Overnight at Camp near the Lake. (B _ D)
PANGONG LAKE TO LEH (140 kms / 6 hrs)
Morning at leisure to explore the beauty of lake and later we drive back to Leh via Changla Pass 5486 Mtrs.
En-route Visit Thiksey Gompa 19 Kms from Leh, one of the largest and architecturally most impressive Gompas There are several temples in this Gompas, containing images, stupas & wall paintings of Buddha, which are most beautiful. Sindhu Ghat Every year Sindhu festival is held on this bank of river, forges bonds of unity between communities. Shey Palace (The ancient capital of Ladakh) & 3 idiots point (Rancho school). Arrive Leh and relax at the hotel or free for individual activities. Further drive to Leh
(B _ D) OVERNIGHT AT LEH.
DEPARTURE FROM LEH
Your journey to mother nature “Leh” ends here. After breakfast, check out from the hotel and proceed to the airport for your onward journey. Depart to your hometown with everlasting memories.
|NO OF PEOPLE TRAVELLING TOGETHER
|CHARGES PER HEAD LEH TO LEH|
|7 to 8 People||20900|
|Child Without Bed (06 to 10 Yrs)||8900|
VEHICLES USED: 2 to 6 People: Xylo / Scorpio | 7 to 12 People: 12 Seat Tempo Traveler
Note: Kindly note that above mentioned quotation is based on availability of Deluxe category of Hotels / camps. If by chance due to non availability of deluxe hotels / camps if Situation needs Standard / Superior category of hotels then there might be difference of cost (supplement / reduction in cost).
Book Early & save more…Feel free to call Team Explorers for Best AIRFARE from your Area. Our Team will give you various Options to make your Journey in reasonable cost. We can give you Best Rates from Pune / Mumbai / Delhi / Ahmadabad.
Any cancellation by participant(s) must be communicated to Explorers Office in writing. The refund, if any, will be given after 7 days but before 15 days when the concerned tour is over, irrespective of the date when the cancellation has been communicated to us.
The Following deductions will be made in case of cancellation of Land Package.
For Airfare: It will be depending on Airlines Policy + Rs.2000 per head as our Service Charges.
For Train: As per Train rules + Rs.500 as our Service Charge.
ATM: SBI/J&K Bank/HDFC/AXIS/ PNB. ATM is not available outside Leh City.
* This is just a reminder list of what to Bring. You can bring other things as per the Need.
“Leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time, and shoot nothing but photographs and bring back nothing but memories”
1. LEH AREA: The region of Ladakh is spread over an area of 96,701 Sq.Kms.
2. BEST SEASON: May to October
3. LOCAL LANGUAGE: Ladakhi, Hindi, Urdu, Balti, Shina, Tibetan, English
4. TEMPERATURE: The winter temperature touches as low as (-30) degree (Leh & Kargil) and -60 degree in (Drass) subzero temperature Prevails from December to February throughout Ladakh, whereas, zero degree temperature is experienced during rest of winter months. This result in freezing of all conceivable water resources. During summers the maximum temp. Increases from 20 degree C° to 38 degree C° in July and August. Leh Situated at 10,000ft above sea level, the capital – Leh is higher than most Alpine mountains. In Ladakh you can travel to the world’s highest motorable road at 18,000 + ft (Khardung-La pass).
5. ACCLIMATIZATION: If you are travelling by air to Leh (altitude: 3505 M / 11505 ft.), you must allow a day of complete rest for getting used to the high altitude and low level of atmospheric oxygen. High altitude sickness or Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) is a risky condition faced by tourists who do not allow sufficient time for acclimatization upon reaching Leh by air. High Altitude Pulmonary Oedema (HAPO) and High Altitude Cerebral Oedema (HACO) are very serious forms of acute mountain sickness. The most common symptoms of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) are: breathlessness; coughing; disturbed sleep, headache, inability to concentrate; lassitude, loss of appetite, nausea, etc.
6. The following precautions are necessary to avoid such problems:
• Take complete rest at least for a day after arrival. Just roam around Hotel.
• Move about slowly and breathe deeply till your body get used to the lower oxygen level.
• When trekking, do not permit your trekking guide to go faster than you (and your group).
7. MEDICINE: One should always carry enough medicines as the trip to Ladakh may, and will, bring you face to face with unexpected situations. One should carry medicines for basic medical conditions like fever, stomach ache, headache and others. Further, altitude mountain sickness, or AMS, is quite common here. Carry medicines like Diamox, Dexamethasone, Aspirin or Disprin to fight this problem. Acute mountain sickness can occur to anyone at an altitude above 10,000 ft. above sea level, therefore, make it sure to take complete rest on the day of arrival. We also recommend that you speak to your Doctor once before you travel to Ladakh, just to ensure that you are aware of all precautions to be taken. IMPORTANT – It’s generally suggested to take one Diamox tablet a day for 3 days prior to your departure for Leh by air and continue it within Ladakh, if required, to overcome the effect of high altitude. However, You must consult your doctor and confirm if you can take diuretic medicines like Diamox or Disprin tablets – If so, what the dosage is.
8. ATM: SBI / J&K Bank / HDFC / AXIS / PNB (Still advisable to carry Hard Cash). The Jammu and Kashmir Bank, State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and Punjab National Bank have placed ATM Machine in main Leh city. ATMS are not available outside Leh City.
9. MOBILE NETWORK: Airtel, Aircel, BSNL are present there; others please check your operator’s collaboration. Vodafone connection does not work there and Airtel / Aircel / BSNL postpaid work well over there for roaming connectivity.
10. ELECTRICITY: There is electricity problem in Leh, so it is better to take extra batteries for digital products like camera, mobiles phones, etc. Charge them fully before leaving for the tour. You may not get electricity at some remote places and also because of the cold, the battery gets discharged quickly.
11. RESPECT TRADITION: Interact with local people. They love to interact and it will also change your outlook. People there are very friendly and hospitable. Do not betray them and respect them.
12. PERMIT & PASSPORT: Tourist don’t require permit for Leh, however, all foreigners are required to be registered at Drass, Rumtse and Serchu if they are traveling overland. Those traveling by air get themselves registered at airport. Tourists are required to get permit for restricted areas like Tsomoriri, Tsokar and Pangong Lakes, Dhahanu and Nubra Valley, which can be obtained from District Magistrate, Leh, through Travel Agents at Leh.
13. IDENTITY PROOF: One should always keep multiple copies of one’s driving license, PUC, insurance, vehicle registration papers and PAN, voter-id card or passport with oneself at all times. Doing so will make it quite easier to go through military checkpoints. If you happen to be travelling to Pangong Tso or other interior parts of the state, you will be required to submit various copies of your identity proofs at various checkpoints.
14. POPULAR ATRRACTIONS: Leh city, Pangong Lake, Tso Moriri Lake, Zanskar Valley, Khardung La Pass, Nubra Valley, Hemis National Park, Pathar Sahib, Nubra Valley, Hemis Monastery and Village, Shanti Stupa, etc.
15. TRAVEL TIPS: Most of Ladakh is at an altitude of more than 3000m so you need to get acclimatized before you can set about. Your body needs to adapt to high altitude, as the higher you go, the air becomes rarefied and the oxygen available for you to breathe becomes lesser. Even though your body is capable of adapting to ‘thin air’, you need to give it time to do so. This is what is called acclimatization. It is advisable for tourists to not take children below the age of 5 years, as they may face acclimatization issues. Always carry drinking water and dry food in Journey. Take Disprin with you if you want to go to Khardung La, as it is very high altitude of 5359m.
16. DRESS CODE: Please avoid wearing shorts and sleeveless shirts, blouses, tops, undershirts etc. in public and especially in monasteries, mosques, temples, Gurudwara, churches & on the trekking routes. While short clothing is acceptable in camp-sites away from human habitation, they should be changed for trousers, slacks and sleeved shirts or blouses in villages where you might stop.
17. ACTIVITIES: Ladakh is an ideal destination for adventure enthusiasts. You can go for trekking, mountaineering, white water rafting etc. You will also try traditional sports such as polo and archery, and camel safaris across the countryside.
18. ROAD CONDITIONS: During the winters, the entire Himalayan region experiences heavy snowfall due to which the scheduled opening of the roads is often delayed. This is also the time when we find the roads in a bad condition. One must also be prepared for the occurrence of landslides and roadblocks. The entire region consists of a rough terrain where the roads are built and damaged every year. However, other than these factors, the roads here are kept in an excellent condition by the BRO.
19. STAY & FOOD: The majority of the hotels here are family run establishments and offer personalized services. Some of the best luxury hotels which one can find here are Hotel Charu Palace Leh and Grand Dragon. The deluxe hotels which promise comfortable and luxurious stays are Hotel Shangrila and Spik n Span. Standard hotels include Hotel Asia and Hotel Dreamland, among others.
20. TRANSPORT: For Intra City Transportation in Ladakh there are options of buses and private vehicles. There are buses leaving from Leh City to the major places of Ladakh. These buses are not regular owing to the unpredictable weather conditions. Leh offers a fleet of tourist transport facilities with more than 2000 vehicles. Taxis, Innova, Mahindra Scorpio, Xylo, Toyota, Tata Grande, etc.
21. TIME DIFFERENCE: The Indian Standard time (IST) is 5 hours and 30 minutes ahead of London, 4 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Paris and about 10 hours and 30 minutes behind the New York City.
22. GARBAGE: Ladakh is a “No polythene” zone. Kindly respect this and please carry back all the plastic you take with you. Try not use plastic in Ladakh. Temperature in Ladakh is too low and if you will throw any biodegradable item, it will remain in the same state for very long time, especially in snow. Carry your garbage with you & through it in Hotel dustbins.
23. SUPPORT LADAKH: Encourage local business by eating local food, buying local items, and support local economy because modern things can be bought from anywhere in the world, but Ladakhi items you will only get in Ladakh.